Thursday, September 20, 2012

How you know...

The other night was rough. Last night as well, but the night prior was our first rough night with Keaton. He just would not sleep and could not be soothed. I was so tired that I felt like I was up all night. In reality, I knew that Chris was up more than me and I felt horrible. I mean, sure, I would have to take care of the three boys that day which included getting the older two dressed and driven to school at 8 a.m., but he had to complete a full day at the office. I really should have toughened up and let him sleep more.

This is what I thought to myself all day whenever I felt tired.

Then, Chris got home. We got through our nightly routine and got the boys to bed and started to talk about who would get which shift with Keaton that night. That's when he told me that he had felt horribly all day that he didn't do his fair share the night before. As tired as he was, he felt that I was the one who had taken on the brunt of work the night before.

Both of us dead tired from being up with the baby all night feeling badly for not letting the other sleep more. And that, is how you know you have the most amazing partner. May everyone be so blessed!

No comments: