Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's a love hate relationship

I finally came out from living under a rock and learned about the Silhouette SD. Wow, that things that machine can do are AMAZING! There was a great promotion going on to save about $100 on the purchase so, I took the bate and waited anxiously for it to arrive.

All my excitement was damped when it arrived without any sort of instructions. They advertised that it was now compatible with the Mac so, I shouldn't have any problems, right? Wrong. All the software that they sent was only for the PC. I was able to go online and find a download for the main software, but the instructional CD, well when I called Silhouette they informed me that they had not yet created the CD for the mac.

So, there I was with a great machine and no clue how to use it. Thank God it's 2010 and U-Tube and a bunch of women with experience who like to film themselves exist. I'm still trying to figure out most of the functions, but I was able to complete one project which I'm pretty happy with. That said, I was able to complete this project using Cricket products (vinyl and transfer tape). The Silhouette brand would not stick to the door which makes it pretty useless.




We've had enough people try to get to the garage via the pantry that I thought this was no only cute, but warranted. 

2 comments:

A Cottage Industry said...

I LOVE the door signs!!!!!!!!!!!
Gramma Cupcake

GG said...

I've been in your pantry and thought it was well organized but what a nice difference you've made. Love the sign.