Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Terrible 2s continued

Today, I was THAT woman. You know, the one who has the child screaming at the top of his lungs in the grocery store. Yep, that was me.

Carter was well-rested & well-fed when we got to the store, but within 2 minutes, his world came crumbling down when mommy dared to buckle him into the cart. In my defense, I let him go without the seatbelt for a couple of aisles. It was only after he stood up in the cart and would not sit back down that mommy used the seatbelt.

That was all it took. He kicked and screamed all the way to the front of the store to the register. He finally calmed down - I think out of embarrassment - when it was time to pay.

Yep, I was THAT woman today.

2 comments:

Doyle said...

I hope you bought the mix and match six pack of wine -- because then you get a 10% discount.
Good luck with the little man.

GG said...

Looking back on my child raising days, I think this was a power struggle. Some days I won, some days they won. It'll pass until the ugly teen years pop up. Then they have a mouth instead of screams. Ah so much fun.