Thursday, March 15, 2012

4 years

Today marks 4 years that we have been married. As I tend to tell people, we have been married EXACTLY long enough to have Carter (3 years 3 months).

Thinking back on our wedding day, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that I was marrying the most wonderful man who was everything I ever wanted in a husband. Today I laugh at the amount of love I had for him that day. I loved him with everything that I had, but today, today I love him so much more. Every day he proves to be my better half and I fall more in love with him. His dedication to our marriage and our family in unbelievable.

He is my best friend and the first person I want to spend my time with, but what is more important is that he makes me feel like I'm the first person he wants to spend his time with. After long hours at work, he comes to the chaos that is our household to be with us, to play with the boys and to help put them to bed.

He is an amazing role model to our boys in so many ways. It's the little things that I hope they notice and remember when they are older and married themselves, like the way Chris will thank me for making dinner or tell me the house looks nice when I've taken the time to do any small amount of cleaning :) or simply kissing me hello every night when he gets home from work. If they can grow to be half the man that their daddy is, they will make their mommy (and some lucky someone) very happy.

Happy Anniversary, babe. I can't wait to see how much more I love you in another 4 years :)

3 comments:

GG said...

You both are so lucky you found one another. Stay happy.

A Cottage Industry said...

It makes my heart overflow knowing that you are so happy!
Gramma Cupcake

Kellie Roberts said...

the blog needs a 'like' button!