Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pregnancy dreams and talking toddlers

Oh, these dreams I'm having. Some are weirder than others. This one is definitely mild:

I'm at some sort of party and need to potty badly (I'm pregnant, remember?). While in the restroom, I can see out the window that Coen is outside, picking flowers and pulling them completely out of the grown exposing the roots. I watch in horror as he then eats the dirt from the bottom and goes along playing, holding the flower as if it is a treat he will be munching on as he plays. I'm frantic, trying to get out to him to stop him from eating dirt.

* You may remember that last fall when Coen came home, he DID in fact, grab handfuls of dirt and shove in his mouth. So far this year, he has not been doing this when we go outside.

*********************
So this morning I go to Coen's room and as I'm changing his diaper, I tell him I had a dream that he was eating dirt. His reply: "No eat dirt mommy! Dirt icky!"

Yes, Sweet Boy. Dirt is icky. Thank goodness you know this. Now, if we can have these conversations, why can't you tell Mommy when you need to potty?! :)

1 comment:

GG said...

Talkin with you his priority. The potting will come pretty soon. Just hand in there sweetie.