Saturday, December 3, 2011

Date night!

Coen has been home almost 3 months. In that time, we have slowly been getting him used to staying with someone other that Chris and I. I started having our normal babysitter come by for a few hours each week while I stayed home, but did chores around the house. At first, he would come running for me every 20 minutes or so to make sure I was still around. Little by little, he's gotten more comfortable with the idea that if I leave, I will come back. So far, he has been to the childcare at the gym twice (an hour each time) both times WITH Carter. That's key. If Carter is with him, he's good to go.

Tonight is the night. We are finally having our first date night since Coen came home. It's the office Christmas party and we are going all out and spending the night out too! The boys will be with their sitter that Coen has been getting to know until Auntie Lindsey gets off work. Then, because she has to work in the morning, she enlisted soon-to-be-Uncle-Matt to come over bright and early to watch the boys. I can't believe how lucky we are to have so much support!

*************************************************************************
Follow-up

We had a blast last night! The party was really fun and with my borrowed dress, I was able to splurge and get my hair did (as my sista would say). We slept until all of about 8 am. Darn. When you have kids, your clock just won't let you sleep late. We enjoyed breakfast and adult conversation (definition: a conversation during which time no one announces "I need to poo poo" or interrupts with whining or freaking out that their spoon fell on the floor).

When we got home, Uncle Matt was playing with the boys in the playroom. The dishes were all cleared and in the dishwasher and we got to hear all about the pancakes (in the shape of Christmas trees no less) that the boys enjoyed earlier.

We have GOT to do this more often - not sure if the Rios clan agrees :)

No comments: