Thursday, April 19, 2012

Half way there

According to my iphone app, I'm exactly half way through my pregnancy! In actuality, I'm a little ahead of that. Peggy will schedule a C-Section 1 week before my due date due to hospital policy - no VBACs allowed. I'm fine with that. It is nice not having to make the decision between C-section or natural. There are so many risks with both that I'm afraid if anything went wrong, I would blame myself for making the wrong choice. At least we can be prepared this time for the longer recovery!

Little Bitty Man has been moving constantly. His favorite time for action is when I lie down so, while Chris is passed out asleep, I'm lying awake: 1/3 annoyed that the little peanut won't let me sleep, 3/4 loving that I can feel his little kicks and summersaults! Tonight Chris felt the movement for the first time. I think that is one of my favorite moments in a pregnancy, when he gets to feel the baby too. It just makes it more real for all of us.

Carter tried to feel the baby too. He would keep still for about 30 seconds, and even put his head on my belly once, before getting to antsy. All the while Coen was running around the room completely oblivious. He seems to know there is a baby in my tummy, but beyond that, he's got better stuff to do.

We're having a hard time coming up with a 3rd boy name. With Carter and Coen, they just came to us and we both agreed on them the minute one of us said the name. Chris suggested Carter and I suggested Coen. This time... ugh. It's not only a name, but a name that goes well with Carter and Coen. Do we do another "C" or break the habit now? We're open to suggestions so, send some along!

2 comments:

J said...

With all the men in your house having C names, I am not sure you can break the tradition without someday hearing "All the guys have names that begin with C except me". Unless you have another little guy without a C name later on.

J said...

With all the men in your house having C names, I am not sure you can break the tradition without someday hearing "All the guys have names that begin with C except me". Unless you have another little guy without a C name later on.