Thursday, June 30, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Sunday, June 19, 2011
More excitement: Regan's mommy is having another baby and her sister has a little boy on the way. So, with Coen, that means we will have a minimum of 5 kids at the lake next summer between our two houses!!!
I love seeing them hug. They are too cute. Can you believe how little she is next to Carter?
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
I decided that today needed to be a bit of a play day so, I asked Carter if he wanted to go to McDonald's to play on their big play structure. He had no clue what I was asking so he eagerly agreed to go. When we got there, he was so excited about the structure. He ran right in - and right back out!
First, thank God that he did not make me tall. I think 5'4" might be as tall a person as can fit in this thing. My knees are killing me from crawling through and I'm shocked that I didn't have a panic attack inside with it being so confining. In the end, we made it out. Carter wouldn't go down the "hole" (a huge slide) by himself so, it was good I was with him.
Now, here is where I wonder "what was I thinking?". After escaping, I mean, after getting out, he was more confident and went in alone. About 3-5 minutes later I head the dreaded "mommy! help!". My poor little man had made it all the way to the 3rd level and to the slide before we realized he did NOT want to go down the slide alone. Back in I went. I found him on the 3rd level like this:
Waiting for his savior. More crawling and we headed down the slide. I'm sure you aren't surprised that the lil' booger than wanted to go back in. I told him no. Mommy had done her time and the other customers were probably already talking about the crazy woman who kept crawling through the children's play structure.
Ahhh. The things we do for our children. I love you little man.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
That said, anything free is always welcome. Enter Aveda and Ben & Jerry's. What? A salon spa product company and the fattiest of fatty ice cream companies? Umm hmm. Here's how it played out:
I bought some make-up from Aveda. They gave me points in their Pure Privilege program. I used those points to get 5 coupons for 1 free pint of B&J. It was that or mint tea ;) here's where it gets better. I went to Walgreen's and was surprised to find B&J on sale BUY 1 GET 1 FREE! So, my 5 free pints became 10 free pints.
Now, that is just nuts! We went from no ice cream to enough for the summer (who am I kidding? It'll be gone in a month!)
Friday, June 10, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
What I want to remember about Carter at this age (almost 2 1/2):
- How he wants to be JUST like daddy and will copy everything he does.
- The way he says "Oh, yes!" with such understanding when I correct him on something.
- His little hands on each side of my face as he turns my head to face him if I'm not acknowledging him.
- The way he will respond to any request if I just say "mommy needs help" His response: "Oh, yes!"
- His little voice saying "Kiki home"
- How incredibly clean he is when he eats - asking for a napkin if a little PBJ gets on his finger.
- How concerned he gets when something is out of place or broken "Uh oh!"
- How gentle he is with anyone younger than him and his request for "two babies."
- How he runs to daddy when he gets home from work.
- His wanting to go to "scoo" any time we pass a school.
- The way he thinks his toy tools can fix anything.
- They way he adores daddy and thinks he can fix anything (including the picture of the broken Wheat Thin on the cover of the box).
What I will likely forget:
- The tantrum thrown because he doesn't have his juice in the car when he specifically told mommy "NO juice" multiple times.
- Spilling his milk not once but twice because he decided to drink out of the cup instead of from the straw.