Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Donald's

I decided that today needed to be a bit of a play day so, I asked Carter if he wanted to go to McDonald's to play on their big play structure. He had no clue what I was asking so he eagerly agreed to go. When we got there, he was so excited about the structure. He ran right in - and right back out!

class="mobile-photo">He would not go further than the first level without me. I wasn't even sure if it was allowed for adults to go in, but after looking for any signs, I decided that we had come here to play so, let's play.

First, thank God that he did not make me tall. I think 5'4" might be as tall a person as can fit in this thing. My knees are killing me from crawling through and I'm shocked that I didn't have a panic attack inside with it being so confining. In the end, we made it out. Carter wouldn't go down the "hole" (a huge slide) by himself so, it was good I was with him.


Now, here is where I wonder "what was I thinking?". After escaping, I mean, after getting out, he was more confident and went in alone. About 3-5 minutes later I head the dreaded "mommy! help!". My poor little man had made it all the way to the 3rd level and to the slide before we realized he did NOT want to go down the slide alone. Back in I went. I found him on the 3rd level like this:

Waiting for his savior. More crawling and we headed down the slide. I'm sure you aren't surprised that the lil' booger than wanted to go back in. I told him no. Mommy had done her time and the other customers were probably already talking about the crazy woman who kept crawling through the children's play structure.

Ahhh. The things we do for our children. I love you little man.

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

What an awesome Mommy!!!!