Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

This was the best mother's day ever and it has nothing to with the fact that it is my first!

I woke up to Carter chatting away in his room and when I went in to say good morning I was greeted with the biggest smile - I suddenly was happy to be up at 6 a.m. We played a little bit while daddy got me some coffee and then gave me not one, but two cards. Turns out my child is "freakishly brilliant" like aunty has thought all along. He gave me a card today and just look how he customized it. I must have laughed for a good 10 minutes straight!






All I wanted to do today was paint our guest room so, the boys hung out quite a bit while I got to work. Daddy helped a lot and even Carter took a stab at painting. Of course, he had to be prepared in his painting overalls and choo-choo bandana (a.k.a. choo-choo burpee).



We finished the day with dinner with Grandma J, Grandpa Roger and uncle Nick. Such a nice day. Such a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

What a little MAN!!!! How is he standing there??? I can't even see a hand on him. He IS Brilliant!!
Grandma J.