Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Gap, my new favorite store

So, I have a Gap card. I got lured in once upon a time with the whole, "you know, if you open a Gap card today you'll save an additional 20%!!". Now, that said, I actually do not regret opening this card. At least once a month, I get an email offering me 20 or 30% off my purchase just because I have the card.

I usually don't fall for it. In fact, I usually delete the email. Yesterday however, well yesterday was different. The title of the email they sent was "A Free Pair of Pants for You." Ok, I'll bite. What is it - buy one get one free? NOPE! It was just flat out get a pair of black pants free.

Then, in the mail on the same day, we got a coupon for 40% off our total purchase. That was it, they had me. I mean, seriously 40% off AND free pants. So, I dragged my boys along and sure enough, I got a pair of black pants (retail 59.99) for FREE and I even got to choose between 5 different styles of black pants!!!! We also found a few other items to be sure to take advantage of the 40% off deal.

So, long story kind of short, their marketing worked - we spent money when we otherwise would not have done so! But, the Gap card really is worth it. Did I mention they give you discounts at Old Navy too?

2 comments:

GG said...

They've got you now honey. Great buys!

Buxton Family said...

I love my gap card too! Great deals!