Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend



We had a great Memorial Day weekend spent up at Detroit Lake! We had the added bonus of it being Chris' birthday on Saturday so, we got cake! Chris isn't a huge cake fan, but LOVES ice cream so, I made an ice cream cake that was pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself. Everyone was asking for the recipe so, here it is:

Ice Cream Cake Recipe Ingredients

1 package Oreo cookies
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 gallon of your favorite flavor of ice cream (I used mint chocolate chip, but cookies n' cream is great too)
1 Tub of cool whip

I used a 9 x 11 pan, but you could do anything smaller as well

* Let the ice cream soften for a while or use the microwave
* Let the cool whip soften
* Place the cookies in a large Ziploc bag. Using a rolling pin (or anything), crush the cookies into crumbs.
* Pour the crumbs into a bowl and mix them with the melted butter. Press this mixture into the bottom of the pan.
* Stir the softened Ice Cream in a large bowl and then spread over the crust
* If you want, you can then drizzle hersey's chocolate syrup over the ice cream (I recommend this!)
* Put the pan in the freezer to let it harden
* Spread the softened cool whip over the top and put it back in the freezer


Serve to a happy crowd who gushes "YOU made this? How did you make this?"

1 comment:

GG said...

Wonderful! Bet I could just eat all of this while watching a movie. I'm so tempted!