Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Finally a new project

I've been lacking energy/free time for a while now, but got a decent surge of it today. It was nice and sunny so the boys and I planted new flowers by our front door and then, we undertook a project. I saw this in a Pottery Barn magazine:

and thought it would look awesome in the boys' room. We already haven plenty of furniture in there including a thrifted find that I never did anything to. It was never stained, I just liked the style of the piece and you know how it goes.. you stick it in a room meaning to do "something" with it and then, time passes. So, I figured we would try to give it the pottery barn look.

First we sanded it and then stained it with a red stain.

I used my Silhouette machine to make a quick stencil and that was it.

It didn't photograph well, but I think it turned out pretty well for only costing $5.90.

1 comment:

GG said...

Very cute. Good thing you have the "little men" to help you.