Friday, May 18, 2012

Nesting in high gear

Man, oh man! My nesting is in high gear lately. We are in the process of playing musical rooms upstairs moving Carter to the guest room and the nursery to Carter's old room and turning Coen's room into his own big boy room - photos to come! Chris won't let me do much heavy lifting so, when I'm at a stopping point, I have found way too many random projects to do. This is one that I've been meaning to do for ever, but just now got some energy back.

                                       

I followed my mom's tutorial on her blog, but basically... I painted a board I found in the garage..


Using MS Word, I printed out the saying and then scribbled chalk over the backside of the pages...


Then, with the chalk side down, I outlined the words on to the painted board leaving an outline 


which I then hand painted in... 


I think it turned out pretty cute in the boys' bathroom!
                                                  

2 comments:

Sommer said...

Love this!!! :) I need to make a sign for my dinning room so I'll steal your and your mom's idea! :)

Kellie Roberts said...

SO CUTE! i love the saying!!